- Check the main power switch on the back of the KODAK Card Printer (press the power switch on).
- Check the connection status of the power cord on the back of the KODAK Card Printer.
- Check the connection status of the power cord, adapter and outlet.
- Check the adapter connected to the KODAK Card Printer. We recommend that you use a genuine IDP adapter. If you use a non-certified adapter, you may experience problems with the printing and encoding functions.
- Check if the ribbon cartridge is installed correctly. Please refer to the “KODAK Card Printer User Manual and Quick Start Guide” located in the printer box for the correct ribbon installation.
- Install a new ribbon. If the printer recognizes the new ribbon, the RF Tag on the used ribbon may be incorrect. In this case, please contact the local supplier from whom you purchased our products and consumables.
※ You must use a certified ribbon. The KODAK Card Printer recognizes the certified ribbon by the Ribbon Tag. If you use another brand of ribbon in the KODAK Card Printer, the printer will not work.
- Open the input hopper cover and load card(s) into the input hopper as shown in the following images. When you load a card into the input hopper, do not push the card into the printer as it may result in an incorrectly loaded card.
- Please refer to the “Card Printer User Manual” for more information.
Correctly Loaded CardIncorrectly Loaded Card
- Check the connection status of the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the Card Printer.
- Check the connection status of the USB cable to the USB port on your PC.
- Check the operational status of the printer driver on the device and printer control panel. The operating status must be online and ready. (The icon of the printer driver must be displayed.)
- Please connect to another USB port on your PC.
- If the printer still does not work, reinstall the KODAK Card Printer driver.
※ If you want to use an external USB HUB for the printer, you must use an external USB HUB with a power supply.
- If you have non-standard cards or bad cards.
Change the cards. You can use only ISO CR-80 card (54mm x 86mm).
- If the card thickness control lever is set improperly.
Adjust the card thickness gate to accommodate your card’s thickness. Refer to the Card Printer User Manual section 2.3.
- If you have misaligned card stacking in the input hopper. (ID200S)
Remove, align and reload cards into the input card hopper. Refer to the Card Printer User Manual section 2.3.
- If the cards have static or moisture.
Remove cards, break the static by fanning then, and replace moist card with new ones.
- Clean the hopper roller. If the hopper roller is dirty or dusty, the printer may not be able to move a card through the printer.
– Clean after the printer prints 1,000 cards using the YMCKO ribbon.
– Clean after the printer prints 2,500 cards using the KO ribbon.
– Clean after the printer prints 5,000 cards using the MONO ribbon.
※ We recommend cleaning the inside of the printer and the roller as shown below. Please refer to the Card Printer User Manual.
Contaminated Cleaning Roller Normal Cleaning Roller
- Check the cleaning roller and clean it as needed.
– When cleaning the cleaning roller, hold the cleaning roller and widen the bracket to take the roller out of the Card Printer.
– Wash the roller with running water, dry it and reinstall into the Card Printer.
- Check the ribbon balance using the left LED button on the front panel of the KODAK Card Printer.
※ We supply extra panels in the ribbons as ribbons can skip or break. Even if there are unused panels in the ribbon core, when the ribbon balance displayed by the printer as “0”, replace the used ribbon with the new one.
- Check if the ribbon cartridge is installed correctly. Please refer to the “Card Printer User Manual and Quick Start Guide” that is located in the printer box for the correct ribbon installation.
- If the ribbon breaks, connect the two ends of the ribbon using a general purpose clear tape and continue using.
- Check the color in/out sensor status. This sensor may be dirty.
You will need to clean it using a soft cloth or a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol as shown below.
Color In Sensor & Color Out Sensor
If the ribbon breaks, connect the two ends of the ribbon using a general purpose clear tape and continue using it.
The reasons for a broken ribbon are listed below.
– Check the size and the surface condition of the cards. If you use a defective card, the ribbon may break.
– Check the printer density (Total YMC, Black and Overlay). If the density is set too high, the ribbon may break. In this case, adjust the density using the CardPrinterSetup (refer to the printer user manual).
– Check the print position. If there is a problem with the print position, (the print start position or end position is incorrect), it may cause the ribbon to break.
You need to adjust the printing position using the CardPrintingSetup (refer to the Card Printer User Manual).
If you use a non-certified adapter, the KODAK Card Printer may move a card correctly, but the printing or the encoding functions may have some issues. You must use our certified adapter.